The continued expansion of one of the UK’s leading contemporary and decorative lighting companies necessitates the appointment of an Area Sales Manager for the North of England and Scotland region – your customer base will span independent lighting retailers, bathroom retailers and electrical wholesalers, small, regional and national from a line Manchester/Sheffield northwards.
This is an exceptional, award winning international business which has enjoyed consistent and sustained growth for many years – it has an enviable reputation for the technical excellence of its aesthetically appealing products and it is a business which prides itself on a culture of Quality and excellence in Customer Service.
As Area Sales Manager you will be expected to deliver against challenging but realistic sales targets by maximizing the potential of existing channels and identifying new opportunities.
This is a key role and will appeal to someone keen on taking responsibility and making a difference. You will be instrumental in developing the business’s UK retail and wholesale business and will be expected to enhance sales, customer service and the business brand.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To achieve maximum sales profitability and growth of the business’s retail and wholesale customers within the North of England/Scotland region, whilst increasing account penetration within the specified territory.
- To deploy strong key account management skills to develop the company’s customer base, roll out new initiatives and monitor ROI.
- Building customer relationships to maximise the full potential of all accounts within the specified territory.
- Implementing new point of sale schemes for the company’s showroom customers, organising displays and other promotional material required.
- Demonstrating products and carrying out training as required.
- Co-ordinating the sales effort within the internal sales team and supporting other departments as required.
- Handling any customer or product issues that may occur.
- Attending exhibitions and trade shows as required.
The Area Sales Manager must be enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated and must possess the ability to quickly contribute to the business’s culture and way of working. Additionally, you must have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Experience and skills:
- Demonstrable success in a similar role.
- Highly organised and capable of managing a territory of customers.
- Experience in the successful selling to electrical wholesalers / lighting retailers an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent written and spoken English – articulate, accurate and an eye for detail.
- Analytical with the ability to evaluate and refine a strategy based on outcomes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Self sufficient and self motivated.
Attractive salary c £45000 pa plus achievable bonus up to 15% plus Car orCar Allowance option plus pension plus 25 days holiday+statutory holidays. (For bonus calculation, 80% based on turnover of area and 20% based on KPI’s).