Our client is a branded merchandise solutions specialist and seeks an Area Sales Manager for Scotland where you will adopt a strategic approach to acquire and account manage business across the distillery/brewing/beverage sector.
The company is enjoying rapid growth and has ambitious plans to double the size of the business over the next four years.
The client is an expert in creating stand-out bespoke products and packaging that enhance marketing communications and get brands noticed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with a proven ability in the delivery of innovative merchandise solutions to its clients. The business is an ‘end to end’ service partner to brands who value a partner able to take a project from idea generation to delivery, while giving full consideration to creativity, quality, timescales, budgets and ethical rigour.
You will have a proven and demonstrable track record in the strategic development of business, preferably in the branded merchandise (or closely related) sector.
As Area Sales Manager you will perform the following duties:
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions, ethical sales methods and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities, tools and systems and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Make use of company direct marketing tools to agreed timescales and integrate personal sales efforts with any other organised marketing activities.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods and in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyse, report and administer according to systems and requirements.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
Your Sales / Business Development track record in the branded merchandise or closely related sector should be augmented by a positive, team playing mentality and a wish to join a friendly, thriving and respected organization which delivers results.
Remuneration is negotiable and subject to experience, but will include a competitive basic salary + bonus + car allowance