Business Development Manager sought by our client to establish sale of bespoke promotional merchandise to Marketing, Events and Procurement teams within the alcohol and non alcohol beverage and food sectors. Our client is an expert in creating stand-out bespoke products, typically glassware and packaging, to enhance marketing communications and get brands noticed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company which is proven in its ability to create ideas for innovative marketing materials, acting as an end to end service partner to many brands from idea initiation to procurement to delivery – and all based around creativity, quality, timescale, budget and ethical considerations.
We seek a Business Development Manager with a proven track record in the strategic development business in the promotional merchandise (or closely related) sector and preferably with experience of dealing with Marketing and Procurement teams in the beverage/food sectors.
The Business Development Manager will perform the following duties:
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity .
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities, tools and systems and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Make use of company direct marketing tools to agreed timescales and integrate personal sales efforts with any other organised marketing activities.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyse, report and administer according to systems and requirements.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
Remuneration negotiable but will include a competitive basic salary + Bonus + Car +Benefits.