CNC Machine Setter / Operator sought by successful manufacturing business which is expanding its headcount as a result of major investment in its modern manufacturing facility.
Key duties of the CNC Machine Setter / Operator will include:
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle.
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed).
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Test operation of machines periodically.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Maintain activity logs.
- Appreciate the vital importance of Health and Safety at all times as well as maintaining high standards of tidiness and cleanliness.
Applicants for the post of CNC Setter / Operator must have proven experience as a CNC Machine Setter Operator / Programmer of CNC multi spindle machines and a have strong working knowledge of diverse high speed machinery and measurement tools. Any prior knowledge of Mazak CNC Machines would be advantageous.
The CNC Machine Setter Operator should be able to read and work to engineering drawings, show attention to detail and be a communicative, friendly team player who takes pride in their work and who is enthusiastic about continuous improvement.
Salary £30000-£36000 pa plus paid overtime with an overtime premium.
40 hour week (Days).
At times of increased demand shift work will be required plus overtime.