World's leading source of independent maritime market data and has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join their Compliance Team.
The organisation sits at the heart of the maritime industry, bringing together the shipowners, charterers, and brokers who make up the market of the seaborn movement of bulk commodities. Representing a global community of shipping interests, the organisation provides a framework for its members to commit to high standards of business practice. Their indices and assessments are used as a settlement tool for freight derivative trades, for benchmarking physical contracts and as a general indicator of freight market performance extending coverage to the wider logistics chain including Containers and Air Freight.
Headquartered in London, there are regional offices in Singapore, Shanghai, Athens and the USA.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, this newly created position of Compliance Officer, will play an important role in ensuring the Compliance Function operates effectively, independently and that the organisation is complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as internal codes of conduct, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring regulatory compliance in all areas related to benchmark administration, regulatory compliance with data protection requirements, as well as contributing to the preparation of documentation and compliance programmes for annual audits and assisting in the development and maintenance of Compliance and Risk programmes across the organisation. In addition, the Compliance Officer will assist in the investigation of complaints, including independent compliance investigations and compiling evidentiary documentation and complaints response in accordance with the organisation’s policy and procedure.
This role will also liaise with the parent organisation’s legal, compliance and risk departments which may involve seeking legal assistance, providing periodic reporting, engaging with compliance queries, or undertaking compliance activities for Group compliance.
Applications are welcome from candidates who meet the following essential requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) supplemented by professional experience in the field of compliance or risk management
- Strong basic IT skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the remainder of the MS Office suite.
- Knowledge and experience of the Compliance Function.
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA Handbook and FCA requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- High degree of professional integrity
- Proactive and personable approach
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise, and logical format.
- Good written/oral communication skills.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise, plan workloads and work to tight deadlines.