Design Engineer sought by international company whose attractive and innovative products enhance office working environments, both practically and aesthetically. You will use your Solid Works skills for design purposes, also working closely with the Manufacturing Engineer on automation and manufacturing process improvement projects.
Qualified in a Mechanical Engineering discipline you will report to the Design Manager. This is a varied role which will suit an enthusiastic Engineer who takes a holistic approach to engineering and manufacturing, the post encompassing design and manufacturing support. Key duties will include:
- Preparation of high quality production drawings for bespoke items.
- Reworking of existing designs and standard products.
- Day to day design work supporting the company’s dealer base.
- Presentation drawings and visuals.
- Variance of standard product.
- Product development.
- Support Manufacturing Engineer with automation processes and other manufacturing process improvement projects.
- Customer interface on Design briefs and Site surveys.
- Liaise with the Technical Sales team on major projects.
Applicants will have Graduated in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, be competent users of Solid Works and have an appreciation of metal fabrication processes. An appreciation of manufacturing based around wood working would also be beneficial. You should feel confident in the reading and interpretation of Design briefs and in demonstrating and presenting ideas.
You will be working in a design led business in which you will have a direct involvement in shaping future product portfolios. Full product training will be provided.