An excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer to join the large R&D team of a global leading international manufacturer of niche purpose off highway vehicles used across multiple sectors.
Duties will focus on:
- Ensuring all designs meet technical, performance, reliability and cost targets as identified by a Senior Engineer or Engineering Manager;
- Producing and maintaining all drawings, Bill of Material records, assembly instructions and Technical Publications consistent with the Engineering Change process and as guided by senior engineering staff;
- Ensuring all designs can be manufactured both efficiently and cost effectively through liaison with Manufacturing staff, incorporating mistake proofing or visual guidelines if miss-builds are possible;
- Utilising best practice reference documents and standard in-house components where at all possible. Liaise with other Engineers and departments when implementing new principles;
- To read, understand and incorporate requirements of standards and directives relevant to the product under development;
- Assisting in the development of test regimes to validate design elements of a project.
Applicants should be Degree (or equivalent ) Qualified in an Engineering discipline and be experienced in designing in a variety of materials spanning steels, plastics and alloys. You will have prior experience of working in a multi disciplinary R&D team where you will have acquired experience of taking design concepts through to medium volume production whilst meeting challenging specifications and timescales. Highly CAD literate, and experienced in the use of FEA software, you are self motivated, have excellent problem solving skills and possess a true passion for Engineering design. Design experience related to vehicle design advantageous but not essential.