We are looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join the 300 employee manufacturing facility of a highly successful global business. Working a permanent 6.30 am-2.50 pm shift, (but with a little flexibility on start / finish time provided the core hours are worked), you will perform the following tasks:
- Carrying out a programme of planned preventative maintenance for all company buildings and utilities.
- Carrying our routine planned maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimize down time.
- Carry out reactive maintenance when required and work to changing priorities.
- Carry out electrical installation of plant and equipment in accordance of BS767.
- Full, accurate, and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements.
- Work to, and assist, in the development of, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them whilst on site.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections, taking timely corrective actions.
- Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Supervisor and Health and Safety Manager, together with any recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems.
- Carrying out and supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Working on, or assisting with mechanical maintenance work.
- Taking on specific/special projects as requested by the Maintenance/Facilities Manager.
Applicants for Electrical Maintenance Engineer should have prior experience in an Electrical Maintenance Engineer role in a manufacturing facility and be qualified to NVQ level 3 / HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering. You should have Certifications in 17th / 18th IEE Wiring regulations and be able to demonstrate a high level of practical Mechanical/Electrical hands-on skills. Experienced with PLC and control systems and relay control systems is required.
You should be highly organized, self motivated, flexible and adaptable and a supportive colleague operating in a close knit team.
A good problem solver, you take pride in your work and show good attention to detail.