Embedded Software Engineer required by international medical equipment manufacturer currently embarked on major new product development programme.
The main thrust of your role will be to write code for firmware for the electronics hardware of the new products and to develop software interfaces for our client’s products and working in association with Group colleagues to develop software interfaces for other products across the Group.
Key duties will include:
- Write specific code that creates new programs to for the products in order to satisfy user requirements as well developing existing programs by adding features or making them more efficient.
- Provide specific documentation related to product design to meet regulatory compliance, ISO 9001 and organization requirements.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures. Guide testing engineers on testing execution. Make adjustments until programs work reliably as required.
- Analyse testing results, understand product improvement opportunities and drive implementation of changes.
- Feed software technology roadmap pipeline by targeting feasible and valuable features and solutions to the end user. Rely on different sources to research, analyse and invent high performance and differentiated programs.
- Assist on quality complaints from the field by providing technical support, understanding root cause and discussing potential product risks. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
You will work with colleagues to provide support on manufacturing processes and methods to meet product requirements and quality.
Degree or equivalent qualified you should have strong experience of C/C++ for embedded applications, as well as knowledge of TCP/IP and Wi Fi. Knowledge/experience of Linux platform useful, as is GIT or Java.
Agile methodology experience is desirable.
Able to think and plan strategically and to drive forward new ideas you will ideally have successful links with research centres, academia and external partners. A team player experienced in interacting successfully with multi disciplined R&D teams/colleagues, you can focus and prioritise on tasks across multiple projects. Your communication skills are excellent and you are familiar and comfortable with working under time constraints to meet agreed deadlines.
Other areas of experience that are useful but not essential include: STM32 (Arm M4) microcontrollers, Modbus RTU, Can-FD (ISO-TP), JSON-RTD, SPI and 12C, Bootloaders.