Studying towards accounting qualifications, Part Qualified or AAT qualified, this interesting and challenging role requires an ambitious candidate who wishes to learn and develop in a global organisation of repute and where the mamagement team is friendly and supportive. Study support package will be available. Hybrid working with office/home balance after induction.
The following skills are prerequisite:
- previous billing experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- customer service experience with the ability to manage difficult customer situations.
- strong knowledge of billing procedures.
- familiarity with contract based revenue/billing.
- eye for detail but with strong communication skills to facilitate good relationship management.
- problem solving and analytical skills.
- highly competent user of MS Office suite.
- broad knowledge/experience of finance function.
- ability to prepare, refine and present accurate financial data, clearly, concisely and in a logical format.
- confident in efficient and effective use of accounting systems.
The maritime sector globally uses our client’s indices and assessments as a settlement tool for freight derivative trades, for benchmarking physical contracts and as a general indicator of freight market performance extending coverage to the wider logistics chain including Containers and Air Freight.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this newly created position of Finance Assistant will play an important role in managing the review and processing of invoices, evaluating invoices and other data for accuracy and completeness, and obtain missing or correct data when necessary.
The successful candidate will be assisting the Financial Controller in ensuring the integrity of financial information and implementation of robust processes to deliver timely, accurate and up to date financial data and management reports in the monthly reporting cycle. The Finance Assistant will take responsibility for reviewing sales contracts to ensure accurate billing, researching account disputes and billing discrepancies and assisting in monthly revenue process, including estimating monthly accruals and analysing all variances.
Able to work independently you must be comfortable working in a fast changing environment and be highly organised with a proven track record in working to stringent deadlines. An enthusiastic and positive outlook is essential.