An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fully Qualified Financial Controller to join an iconic London based organisation in which you will be responsible for three UK and French entities and a Singapore entity. Our cllient’s business activities are mainly focused around investment index platforms and benchmarking.
As Financial Controller of the Central Services Unit you will report to the CFO and you will have one direct report, also business partnering with relevant Unit Heads and budget holders across the four entities. You will have dotted line reporting to the group parent.
This is a key role in managing external reporting requirements and financial planning and analysis, as well as day to day activities for supporting overseas subsidiaries. You will be responsible for planning, organising and directing all financial activities within the Central Services Unit, ensuring the integrity of financial infromationand implementation of robustprocesses to deliver timely, accurate and up to date financial data and management reports in the monthly reporting cycle, in so doing contributing to the strategic planning and direction of the organisation and delivering regulatory returns such as statutory accounts filing and leading the audit process.
- Monthly financial reporting to Group.
- Lead audit process.
- Prepare schedule and accounts for annual audit.
- Lead Corporation Tax work with external advisors and Group’s internal tax team.
- Compile annual budget with montly reporting and forecasting for review with CFO.
- Ensure accurate nominal ledger and accounting recordsenabling timely provision or management reporting to teh CFO.
- PAYE reporting and returns.
- Liaison/reporting with all relevant outside agencies (VAT/Inland Revenue and overseas equivalents.
- Manage cash flow forecasting, including recommendations for hedging and hedge trades.
- Supporting the integration and finance function transition activities following acquisition of subsidiaries..
- Work closely with senior leadership, Finance and Compliance colleagues to regularly review and implement updated accounting processes, systems and controls.
- Treasury management and FX hedging.
You will be an invaluable source of advice and guidance to the CEO, CFO and the senior leadership team on Finance and Accounting matters that impact on business planning, project feasibilities and stratgic activities.
Fully Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent, you have a proven successful track record in financial management and accounting in a small finance team, having acquired several years of experience in a senior financial role. You should have a solid knowledge of reporting requirements relating tto European and US entities and be well experienced in financial modelling and variance analysis. A strong knowledge of profitability and performance management concepts and an understanding of key financial instruments and indicators is essential.
Presenting accurate financial data in a clear, concise and logical format is a strength of yours and you are confident in the efficient and effective use of accounting systems (ideally Business Central!) An excllent communicator, you are extremely well organised and someone who strives for continual improvement of systems and processes. Proven experience in leading and developing a high performing small functional team is required and you are happy to adopt a ‘hands on’ approach working with team members as required.
The role carries a salary of £100,000 + bonus + 10% non contributory pension plus:
Health Insurance with Axa for you and your family.
Dental Insurance and Dental Cash Plan with Axa for you and your family.
Cover of eyewear up to £350 for you and your family.
50% off Pure Gym membership.
Life Assurance 4 x annual salary.
Critical Illness Scheme.
Permanent Health Insurance .
Employee Assistance Programme.
25 days holiday + statutory days.