Functional SAP Systems Analyst sought by £90m turnover international manufacturing business which is aiming to update and broaden its SAP and business knowledge by preparing the UK manufacturing and distribution operation for migration from Oracle EBS to its parent company’s planned S4 Hana ERP platform implementation. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to participate in the parent company’s migration, ensuring the UK business requirements are built into the blueprint before playing a pivotal role in the UK migration.
Key duties and responsibilities of the functional SAP Systems Analyst will include:
- As project leader of your assignments, clearly communicate the status and risk to IT leadership, business users, and other IT teams.
- Maintain ongoing and regular contact with managers/user department personnel, operations/network support personnel, programming staff.
- Support the design and development of SAP configuration and business processes and procedure.
- Understand emerging technologies and upgrade features for business processes and assist in making implementation recommendations.
- Participate in architecture, implementation, design, administration, maintenance, documentation and support of all dashboards, data models, and analytic solutions and ensure continuous 24x7 operations.
- Assist with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modelling.
- Demonstrate proof of concept and assist with training activities.
- Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change requests, enhancements, and new functionality.
- Work with BASIS and ABAP personnel to define custom program specifications and troubleshooting;
- Monitor SAP releases, enhancements, new functionality, and perform application research.
- Participate in release upgrades or new functionality and enhancement assessments and make recommendations to improve current systems and resolve ticketing issues when necessary.
- Perform break and fix analyses and recommend solutions for related processes.
- Participate in solution testing efforts by developing test plans, preparing test environments, coordinating the test execution,perform application program testing and assist the functional teams and users with acceptance testing.
- Adhere to all Dev Ops, Change Control, security, and ITIL practices and regulations.
Suitable applicants will have a significant amount of SAP/ABAP knowledge, specifically SAP modules SD and MM. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a must, as are excellent communication and project leadership skills. You are likely to be degree (or equivalent) qualified in Computer Science or similar. Any experience of ERP systems migrations naturally welcomed!