UK Management Accountant sought in vibrant, progressive and expanding £27m turnover international business. Part Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA, the role is suited to a committed Management Accountant who takes pride in their work and who is a team player with strong communication skills. You will need to be motivated, confident, enthusiastic and well organised.
Key responsibilities of the UK Management Accountant include:
- Keeping up to date with the day-to-day operations.
- Completing month-end accurately within the required timetable, including full P&L and balance sheet for your portfolio and the corporate overhead company.
- Understanding and providing variance analysis and commentary against historical performance and budget.
- Participating in the budget process, and actualisation each month.
- Managing cashflow and reporting.
- Providing daily reporting on sales orders and weekly reports to the Board.
- Managing various rebate and commission schemes run by the entity and quarterly discussions with sales team for updates on targets, agreements, etc.
- Maintaining and reconciliating balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciliating monthly stock valuation reports to trial balance and calculating month-end provision on a quarterly basis, to discuss current provision levels with product management.
- Reviewing the work of the credit control and purchase ledger teams, ensuring correct posting of all purchase invoices, and monitor the debtors and creditors ledgers to ensure they are up to date.
- Managing currency deals for stock purchases.
- Running quarterly VAT reports and continue to review the thresholds for EC sales and Intrastat reporting since the most recent updates due to Brexit.
- Developing and creating reports using Jet and Excel, in order to aid efficiencies as required.
- Preparing annual audit packs and assisting with auditor queries.
- Preparing other annual reports including but not limited to; PSA, P11Ds and Government surveys.
- Dealing with external partners.
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as required.
Part Qualified and experienced in a comparable Management Accountant role, we seek a team player who will work closely with Credit Control and Purchase Ledger staff. Payroll knoweldeg required as you will liaise with external Payroll provider on P11D calculations, etc. Good VAT knowledge also required. Good Excel and data manipulation skills essential.
An effective and friendly communicator, you are well organised with good forward planning and analytical/problem solving skills. Your attention to detail and quality minded approach must be maintained whilst meeting stringent deadlines.
You will be working in a a friendly, employee centric business which is supportive and friendly and which offers an excellent working environment.