An excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer with substantial experience of welding, metal fabrications (and ideally machining) to join a global market leading business.
The Manufacturing Engineer will lead step change improvements within all areas of Operations as well as driving incremental improvements using Lean methodology to improve product quality, manufacturing efficiency and reducing manufacturing costs without compromising health andsafety.
Your focus will be in two key areas of the business, New Product Introduction and Process Improvement and duties will include:
- Assess component designs and determine manufacturing methods for the production of new parts to ensure capability and cost targets aremet.
- Working as part of a cross functional team to conduct FMEA’s and control plans where appropriate to ensure processes are suitably assessed and controlled in line with Quality targets andexpectations.
- Determine work flow requirements based on volume, cost and quality targets to ensure single piece flow where possible or present justifications for cellular or batch production asappropriate.
- Provide facilities, tools and gauges in line with project timing plans to ensure phase gate readiness.
- Manage Departmental Timing Plans and Open Issue Lists to ensure overall projectcompliance.
- Continually assess new technologies for integration into operations to maintaincompetitive advantage.
- Define Capital Equipment purchases and justification to support NPI (New ProductIntroduction).
- Provide hands on support to the Production Team during phase gate sign off to ensure processes meet outputtargets.
- Provide hands on support to the Production Department to ensure Quality, Cost and Effectiveness Targets aremet.
- Constantly seek opportunities for improvement, utilising metrics, statistical tools and best practice to drive improvementoutcomes..
- Provide full support to production processes and utlilise problem solving and technical tools such as SPC, FMEA and control plans to drive data driven improvements in current and new processes.
- Implement and develop key measurables to identify and drive business improvements withinthe department.
- Develop and implement significant improvements in department wide processes, procedures and systems.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures across all areas ofresponsibility.
- Health and Safety awareness will be amongst your main priorities and Health and Safety guidelines should be actively adhered to andpromoted.
- Create suitable structure for site wide Process ImprovementInitiatives.
- Identify Process Improvement Projects suitable for Kaizen or team based improvementactivity
i.e. cost reduction, yield increase, cycle time reduction to create value enhancement for the business.
- Co-ordinate Project Teams and report on implementation of Process ImprovementProjects.
- Manage and identify opportunities to eliminate process bottlenecks and troubleshoot processes for theirrelevance.
- Develop and implement Process Control Techniques and Procedures into Production Environments.
- In co-ordination with the Quality Team, create and update procedures as required by New Products and ProcessImprovements.
- Mentoring and developing of Process ImprovementCandidates.
Applicants should be Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in engineering disciplines with an emphasis on Industrial Engineering, Design for Manufacturability/Assembly/Serviceability. You should have experience of Process Engineering within an Operations Environment, including Cell Layout, Manufacturing Process and Work StationDesign and experience in NPI (New Product Introduction) and associatedactivities.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques and Six Sigma is essential as are strong problem solving skills and knowledge of PFMEA, SPC and Quality Control techniques.
You should also haveknowledge of CAD systems to generate design of parts andtooling.
A strong communicator with commercial acumen and very customer focused, you are a team player who thrives on the varied challenges that this role presents.