Material Planner sought by progressive, state of the art manufacturing business which designs and manufactures electro-mechanical products for global markets.
Key duties will include:
- Order placement to ensure that materials specified by the MPS (inventory items for production & spares) are purchased to enable assemblies and products to be built to the agreed works orders and finished product to meet the sales order delivery dates.
- Advising the Purchasing Manager of any noted purchase price variance.
- Monitor all supplier acknowledgements to ensure that the acknowledged dates match order requirement dates, updating the system with the confirmed dates and chasing suppliers where not received and notifying the Material & Production Planning Manager where required dates cannot be met.
- Monitoring and tracking orders to ensure on-time delivery and contacting suppliers to expedite where dates cannot be met or become overdue.
- Working closely with Production to ensure that all material shortage issues are communicated immediately, and action is taken to resolve the issue or minimize the impact.
- Maintaining accuracy of data within the Company MIS system.
- Liaising with the Quality Department with regards to Non-Conforming products to ensure material availability.
- Running any necessary reports.
You must have previous Material Planning/order placement experience , where you will have used MRP/ERP business software to perform your duties. Skills in Microsoft Office essential (Excel), as is the ability to communicate effectively and to work in an organized fashion. Production Planning/Scheduling experience would also be advantageous. To fit in you will need to be of friendly disposition and a team player who strives to learn and to improve.