Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join market leading international business which designs and manufactures electro mechanical machines that are used in scientific laboratories worldwide. You will be a key member of a Design team engaged in major, complex and stimulating projects.
In addition to full competence in Solid Works, a number of key attributes need to be evident in your CV and in interviews:
- A natural enthusiasm for design and communication skills and a personality which lend themselves to interaction with R&D colleagues and with colleagues in Quality, Supply Chain, manufacturingand with customers.
- The flair to make things happen.
- Demonstrable experience of not being tied to the computer! We need a Design Engineer who is comfortable with and stimulated by the sharing and communication of ideas that flourish from interacting with colleagues inside and outside the R&D department.
- Proven experience of DFM.
- A solid background of mechanical engineering in the development of electromechanical products and mechanisms.
- Agile Project Methodology
- Familiarity with phase-gate product development processes.
You should be Qualified to Degree (or equivalent) level in a Mechanical Engineering discipline and be able to demonstrate experience of working closely with colleagues whose expertise is in other fields of engineering (ie, electrical, electronics). You will need to have several years of experience behind you.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be joining a successful and dynamic business which offers an excellent working environment and stimulating engineering challenges for those who enjoy and are adept at problem solving.