As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer in a market leading and progressive international business which design and manufactures electro mechnical equipment for the Healthcare and Life Science sectors, your key tasks will include:
- Design & development of mechanical systems to meet customer and business requirements under agile methodology of product development.
- Create and review technical drawings of mechanical systems and parts for use either for prototypes and off tooling parts.
- Provide specific documentation related to product design to meet regulatory compliance, ISO 9001 and organization requirements.
- Advocate on mechanical testing by making sure product and testing quality level is appropriate. Guide testing engineers on testing execution. Analyse testing results, understand product improvement opportunities and drive implementation of changes.
- Feed mechanical technology roadmap pipeline by targeting feasible and valuable technologies to the end user. Rely on different sources to research, analyse and invent high performance and differentiated mechanical systems.
- Assist on quality complains from the field by providing technical support, understanding root cause and discussing potential product risks.
- Provide support on manufacturing processes and methods to meet product requirements and quality.
BSc Degree or equivalent qualified in Mechanical Engineering you should have several years’ experience in new product development of complex electro mechanical mechanisms and be a competent CAD user, (preferably SolidWorks). Experience of designing complex systems (ie, where there are moving parts and interfaces with electronics), sheet metal, plastics, would make you a suitable candidate.
Experience of Agile Project Methodology and Six Sigma Certifications are considered a plus.
Personable, communicative and with good Project Management skills and the ability to work effectively with engineering colleagues in a way that inspires confidence, you should
combine the ability to think and plan strategically with a hands-on approach to work and ensure delivery of the agreed targets.
You should have experience of working in a formalized phase-gate product development process, using Design tools such as DFM, FMEA and ISO 9001 design controls.
You must possess the R&D capability to drive forward new ideas, demonstrate successful links with research centres, academia and other external partners and have an excellent analytical and problem-solving approach.
You will be taking ownership of projects and will therefore need the ability to exercise focus and prioritisation of tasks.
Highly collaborative and team orientated you are able to work cross functionally across different departments.