Part Time Clerk to Charity Trustees (circa 16 hours per week, flexible home working working) required by charity which provides the community with residential accommodation for the elderly and vulnerable.
Yours will be a key and rewarding role in an organisation which provides an outstanding and valuable service to the community. It will appeal perhaps to someone who has been in a Company Secretarial/Clerk role in a Charity, someone who can demonstrate financial literacy and accounting experience and ideally someone who has worked in a similar role where there has been a need to understand the problems and needs of the elderly and vulnerable.
Duties of this varied role will include:
- preparing for Trustees’ meetings, committee meetings and other meetings relating to the work of the Trust, including attending meetings, providing any information required, circulating minutes, keeping records and dealing with matters arising from meetings and any necessary correspondence.
- keeping financial accounts of the Trust, paying suppliers and receiving monthly contributions from residents. Liaising with external auditors over year end accounts and reviewing figures and producing figures for use in annual budget and quarterly Trustee meetings.
- Dealing with any staff issues/queries, keeping payroll records and dealing with tax matters.
- Maintain familiarity with matters relating to law and practice of the Charity and housing generally and with employment and emergency communications and advising the Trustees on such matters.
- Dealing with emergency matters relating to the buildings and instructing/organising contractors with regard to maintenance matters, liaising with Chairman or Vice Chair for authority to act.
- Liaise with staff and Trustees concerning residents’ affairs, meeting with individual residents and their families to resolve any issues/concerns, benefit claims, etc. and attending the AGM of Residents’ Association and explaining Trustees’ policy to them.
- Dealing with applications for residence which includes: correspondence and telephone conversations with potential applicants and sending out and receiving and checking of application forms; keeping a register of applicants; providing information to and servicing the Allocations Committee; attendance on final interview and dealing with the allocations and consequential arrangements relating to housing of residents.
- Dealing with registration requirements and general correspondence with/making returns to Housing Authorities, Charity Commission, Almshouse Association and other such bodies. Also making links with relevant useful organisations and attending any useful meetings/courses/seminars.
It is assumed that the Clerk to The Trustees will work from home in the main, making visits to the Homes as and when necessary for the proper management of the Trust, attending meetings, etc. The Clerk will be reimbursed for any expenses incurred such as travel costs from home.
An excellent administrator with an eye for detail, you must be well organised and have real empathy with the elderly and vulnerable. Discreet and confidential, you are a positive person who is driven to provide an efficient service to the Charity. Good all round IT skills essential in addition to relevant skills and experience acquired as a Clerk/Company Secretary in a Charity organisation, ideally one dealing with the needs of the elderly and vulnerable.
Salary: £42750 pa pro rata (ie, £17100 pa)