Product Design Engineer required by international business which designs and manufactures products which have an aesthetic appeal whilst providing practical solutions to office working environments. We therefore require a Product Design Engineer who has creative flair but who also has a strong understanding of engineering design and manufacturability. Proficiency in Solid Works is essential.
Working in an expanding Design team of three, the Product Design Engineer will perform the following tasks:
- producing high quality production drawings
- produce renderings/visuals for customers
- rework of existing designs and standard products
- new product development
- close liaison with manufacturing/Production Engineering
- liaise with Technical Sales colleagues on specific projects
An appreciation of/experience of metal fabrication or woodworking manufacturing processes would be useful. A positive and friendly manner and good communication skills are also required.
As a new addition to a growing Design team you will be joining a thriving business which is investing heavily in people, products, manufacturing processes and systems.