Global market leading designer and manufacturer of electro mechanical products for the Healthcare and Life Science sectors seeks Production Engineer to ensure efficient development, manufacture and delivery of products to customers, working across teams (especially QA, Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain) engaged throughout the complete design and production lifecycle.
Duties of the Production Engineer will include:
- Optimisation of waste reduction, production of shop floor layout to allow efficient flow of product through assembly processes, developing Value Stream Mapping, cost reduction.
- Implement and develop process control techniques (Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement).
- Provide active input into the product design review process. You should be familiar with DFM techniques that will ensure a smooth transition of product from design into production.
- Design specialist production tooling (jigs and fixtures) to ensure efficient assembly of products.
- Specify, procure and introduce new production equipment and processes.
- Produce and maintain detailed process documentation and assembly instructions to ensure consistent Quality standards are maintained throughout manufacturing processes.
- Assist in training of Production Operatives in respect of manufacturing procedures and processes. Support production assembly with technical and day-to-day manufacturing issues.
- Be ever mindful or Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
With a few years’ Production Engineering / Process Engineering experience behind you, you should be able to demonstrate a track record of generating innovative process solutions and have had exposure to best practice tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six-Sigma
You should have project experience, especially the preparation of cost information and timescale planning. CAD/ERP experience required and you should be qualified to Degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering.