Joining the senior management team as Production Manager, you will be working in a rapidly expanding, £85m turnover ambient food company, focused on delivering the highest quality of products and service to a growing customer base. The business has experienced significant double-digit growth in the past decade, supplying key customers in the retail, wholesale and manufacturing sectors of the UK food industry.
As Production Manager you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes in a business which has invested heavily in its manufacturing facility. You'll make sure quality goods are produced efficiently, ensuring compliance and controlling costs.
You will also be a member of the HACCP team and Product Recall and Crisis Management teams. Duties will include:
- ŸManaging and controlling the materials processing, packing and despatch of all products to customer specifications at optimum cost/efficiency.
- ŸEnsuring compliance with:
- ŸHygiene, housekeeping, health and safety, product safety, legality, traceability, allergen management, quality and employment legislation.
- ŸHealth and safety requirements.
- ŸProducing all products to customer specification.
- ŸProviding labour content, film waste and raw material waste information for product costings.
- ŸControlling all direct costs.
- ŸProviding a continuous improvement production and warehouse environment.
- ŸReport daily KPI information as agreed.
- ŸEnsure that all tasks are carried out safely and in a safe working environment.
- ŸRecruit and manage the operatives employed in completing customer requirements and any other duties required of them.
- ŸEnsure that all members of staff are adequately trained and competent to carry out any duties required of them.
Intelligent, resourceful and a highly effective communicator, you should have prior management experience within the food manufacturing sector and have a positive and tenacious attitude backed by strong leadership skills.