Production Manager sought by global business which leads the way in the design and manufacture of off highway vehicles. You will effectively manage the manufacturing activities within all sections of a complex low volume, high mix, fully vertically integrated facility to ensure all Safety, Quality, Volume and Cost targets are achieved. Manufacturing processes include: Assembly, Paint, Machining, Fabrication, Welding and your teams comprises around 90 staff with Team Leaders appointed to each manufacturing area.
Key duties of the Production Manager include:
- Setting exceptional standards for safety and wellbeing.
- Providing strong leadership in pursuit of Right First Time quality behaviours and results.
- Developing an effective team of direct and in-direct Team Leaders to ensure the achievement of the departmental metrics.
- Leading and encouraging the teams in the pursuit of continuous improvement. Challenging the status quo and driving a TEAM WIN mentality.
- Developing and setting SMART objectives to drive individual and team accountability.
- Ensuring teams are equipped with the necessary skills and manning levels in order to achieve the production plan. Analysing gaps and deploying training to satisfy business and individual developmental needs.
- Implementing clear methods of communication so everyone is fully informed of the performance of the team and their own performance.
- Providing manufacturing resources in support of the company’s New Product Introduction process to achieve more new products, launched faster;
Ideally Degree or equivalent qualified in Engineering with relevant experience in a similar role, you are action orientated with excellent communication and listening skills. Motivational and leadership skills are naturally prerequisites with a strong delivery and operational focus.