An 15 month maternity cover opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join the busy purchasing team of an award winnining international business. Reporting to the Head of Procurement you will be responsible for the ordering of products and follow through with suppliers on manufacturing and delivery. Based in our client’s excellent working environment with scope for some remote working. Flexible working also available provided core hours are worked.
Duties will focus on completing and maintaining purchase orders for products, working closely with specific departments to resolve any issues and eliminate reasons for delay in production so as to ensure the timely delivery of products.
On a day to day basis the Purchasing Assistant will:
- Collate purchase orders to order products, submit for approval and issue to suppliers.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Follow up on orders from point of issue through to final inspection to ensure that products are shipped in a timely manner.
- Update all records as required in ERP system.
- Liaise with relevant departments to resolve any issues arising during production.
- Produce and maintain procurement reports, (for example Delivery Schedule, Supplier Lead Time report).
- Obtain lead time confirmations.
- Interact with suppliers daily to develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
- Ensure suppliers’ adherence to Supplier Agreements.
- Maintaing data such as costing/pricing records in appropriate databases,
Previously experienced in a purchasing/procurement setting, the Purchasing Assistant we week must be an enthusiastic, committed and positive person who will fit into a friendly and close knit team. Proficient across Microsoft Suite (including Excel), you are a good communicator, numerate and competent in recording and maintaining data accurately. You should have strong organisational skills and be able to maintain a close eye for detail and an ability to manage your time well and to cope with operating across time zones in a fast paced environment.
Excellent working environment in highly successful and progressive company.