Purchasing Manager sought by successful £8m turnover business, a manufacturer of niche components made predominantly from various metals/steel and plastics.
Most of the manufacturing processes are in house including press works, die casting, injection moulding, electro plating and tooling.
The role of Purchasing Manager is a hands on one supported by two highly competent Purchasing Administrators. Steel is the main material purchase, mainly from suppliers in Europe and China, and a key part responsibility is to source new suppliers.
- Materials sourcing and negotiation overseas and within the UK.
- Full responsibility for £5m annual spend.
- Ensure optimal value from purchasing practices.
- Remain mindful of company’s environmental commitment.
- Develop purchasing strategy in line with corporate Group strategy.
- Procure raw materials in accordance with department procedures and production schedule.
- Maintain effective control of supplier lead times and raw material inventory.
- Carry out supplier performance monitoring and assessment.
- Monitor and report on major material price movements.
- Keep up to date with best practice purchasing and supply chain techniques.
With several years’ experience of purchasing and supply chain experience in the manufacturing/engineering sector, you are proactive and enthusiastic and can maintain a sense of humour even when working under pressure. A knowledge of steel sourcing is highly desirable. CIPS qualifications preferable.