Quality Control Assistant role which will appeal to anyone who has worked in a food production environment or is interested in food technology. You must be good at record keeping, PC literate and reliable and our client will be happy to train up the ideal candidate in the specifics of the role.
You will be joining an established and successful business which supplies highly nutritious food products to major and niche retailers.
As Quality Control Assistant you will assist the QC Manager and Technical Manager and perform the following tasks:
- Checking incoming raw material against agreed specifications and compiling written records as required.
- Checking finished products (packed) against agreed specifications and compiling written records and maintaining other relevant records as required.
- Checking incoming packaging materials (printed film) to ensure it complies with specifications.
- Helping maintain a system for finished product / keeping samples.
- Reporting any non-conforming products as soon as possible to your line manager (Technical Manager).
- Checking third party product samples and helping to maintain necessary records for contract packing.
- Assisting with various factory tasks including cleaning, sorting, packing and inspection of products.
- Assisting the Technical and QC Managers to ensure that products are packed in accordance with good manufacturing practice and that the Company’s HACCP procedures are followed.
- Helping to clean and tidy the factory and warehouse when required.
Your close eye for detail and commitment to high standards of Quality and food safety should be backed up with a friendly, personable and communicative nature.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday.
With a starting salary of £17400 pa (£9.05 per hour).