Quality Manager sought to join established and successful £10m turnover manufacturer of precision engineered components for major companies within the Aerospace, Defence, Energy and Marine sectors.
Ideally conversant with the stringent expectations of the Aerospace and Defence sectors already, you will lead a team comprising a Quality Engineer and five Inspectors, driving product and system conformance and compliance and ensuring the maintenance of all accreditations through internal and external audits.
This is an exciting position demanding an enterprising person who can work in an ordered and methodical manner whilst also being able to motivate and guide others on the improvement path.
Key responsibilities of the Quality Manager will include:
- Taking ownership of all Quality Management processes including QMS documented information, Business Process integration and Ownership Engagement, FAIR, Audits (internal and external), Inspection, Metrology & Calibration.
- Providing leadership, direction, expertise and coaching in the Zero Defect ambition across Problem Solving and Process Control.
- Driving continuous reduction in customer, internal manufacturing & supplier non-conformance in support of Zero-Defect initiatives.
- Leading a team currently comprising Quality Engineer and Inspection Team and assistance with Internal auditor.
- Development of the Quality Engineer to extend their capabilities and value to the business.
- Working alongside Production and Procurement leaders in driving down problems and issues that affect product quality metrics (customer complaints, internal reject rates, concession rates etc.)
- Work closely with Customers in resolving any quality issues to ensure customer satisfaction and closed corrective action that is verified providing confidence that there will not be a reoccurrence.
- Hosting team meetings, setting objectives to achieve strategic aims.
- Supporting the timely issue of documentation to control business processes.
- Efficient and effective QMS change process and traceability.
Experienced in forming, leading and developing quality teams, you have proven abilities in driving improvement projects to fruition. You must have significant quality and manufacturing sector experience, preferably within the precision engineering industry, and ideally within Aerospace/Defence. Approachable and communicative at all levels, internally and externally, you should also be comfortable in the use of applications such as Microsoft 365.