Quality Technician sought by leading manufacturer of high quality products for the construction industry, mainly manufactured from cast iron and galvanised steel.
We seek a responsible person who will be the sole Quality professional on site, reporting to a Quality Manager who is based at another Group site. Duties will include:
- Patrol inspection of Production, Goods Inwards, and Dispatch areas.
- Finished Goods inspection.
- Use gauges, measuring devices and any other test equipment as appropriate.
- Identification of parts and stock rotation and stocktake activities.
- Writing of Audit Reports, Non Conformance Reports, Corrective Action Requests.
Applicants for Quality Technician will need to have proven knowledge and experience of working within an ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) environment or similar and practical knowledge and experience of a wide range of materials and production processes ranging from castings through to steel fabrications.
You should be confident in working within a factory facing position supporting a manufacturing process with an element of practical product testing related to maintaining product quality.
Familiar in the use of Microsoft Office products, Word and Excel and Outlook.
You should also have experience of using Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and Parts Lists
and working with an MRP/ERP system.
You must be able to read engineering drawings.
You are a team player who can also work on their own initiative, bringing an assertive, confident and enthusiastic approach to your work.