Quality Technician sought by successful manufacturing business – the role is located at the company’s Halstead, Essex facility. Key manufacturing processes include fabrication, welding and castings in a range of materials including cast iron, nickel bronze, galvanised steel, plastic and stainless steel.
Candidates for the post of Quality Technician should be able to demonstrate the following.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within an ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) or similar.
- Practical knowledge and experience of a wide range of materials and production processes ranging from castings through to stainless steel fabrications.
- Familiar in the use of Microsoft Office products, Word and Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of using Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and Parts Lists.
- Working with an MRP/ERP system such as Microsoft Navision, Business Central or similar system.
- To work both independently and as part of a small team.
- Patrol inspection of Production, Goods Inwards, and Dispatch areas.
- Finished Goods inspection.
- Identification of parts and stock rotation and stocktake activities.
- Writing of Audit Reports, CAR’s and NCR’s
- A recognised qualification/s is desirable but not essential.
- A good standard of computer literacy and general education will also be required.
- Practical experience of working within a predominantly mechanical engineering environment.
- Confident in working with a range of production personnel and skill levels.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and documents.
- An understanding of Manual, fabrication welding and CNC machining processes.
- The use of traditional mechanical measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometers.