A truly excellent opportunity of Sales and Marketing Manager EMEA within one of the world’s most highly respected organisations operating within the global maritime industry, a trusted provider of maritime data for the settlement of physical and derivative contracts.
You will establish, maintain, and expand relationships with the organisation’s members, data licence subscribers and other commercial users of the business’s services, spanning data provision, dispute resolution, legal, networking and education. You will be responsible for seeking out prospects, achieving sales, organising local member and user events and working with local partners and generally projecting the organisation’s brand across the region.
Typically in the London office three days a week and working from home two days, and travelling overseas around 5 or 6 times a year, you will perform the following tasks:
- Increase membership and data licence subscribers in the region.
- Increase revenue from existing members in region.
- Organise sales visits to targeted countries and prospects around the region, in line with the sales and marketing plan and strategic objective.
- Handle queries from sales prospects and existing members and data licence subscribers, and onboard and guide them on the use the company’s services and data.
- Support the Channel Partner Lead to increase sales from new channel partners, where required.
- Monthly reporting of sales and marketing activities against targets.
- Work with members and data licence subscribers to ensure the organisation’s brand and services are understood and utilisation of the services is optimised.
- Organise branded events such as freight forums , seminars, sports events, etc.
- Attend and speak at other relevant events to network and promote the company’s services.
- Pursue collaborations with relevant organisations and associations for promotion purposes.
- Assist with the development of promotional material and advertising which are relevant, comprehensive and compelling to support marketing initiatives and work with the Chief Commercial Officer and PR agency on communications and media strategies.
You must have a broad knowledge and experience in the maritime sector; knowledge of derivatives and data licences would give you a strong advantage. You will certainly need to be able to demonstrate having a good network of contacts within the maritime sector.
Needless to say, strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills are essential together with a driven approach to achieving targets. Innovative in your thinking, you should also have good project management skills and a focused attitude to drive the implementation of initiatives.
Meticulously organized and skilled in the art of prioritizing, you are professional and diplomatic in your dealings with colleagues, customers and all other external bodies.
An excellent remuneration package includes highly competitive salary, bonus, 10% non-contributory pension, family health and dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness and more.