Successful business seeks a Sales Co-Ordinator/Purchasing Assistant to perform a varied and stimulating role which embraces purchasing from the Far East and Europe, customer liaison and the provision of commercial support to the Commercial Director. The client specializes in the sourcing and procurement of bespoke branded and promotional merchandise and gift packaging on behalf of a range of customers and so a very wide range of products is sourced.
The Sales Co-Ordinator/Purchasing Assistant will play a crucial role in ensuring that customers receive complete satisfaction at all stages, from pricing through to final delivery. This will entail excellent customer communication skills as well as an ability to liaise with colleagues and third party suppliers. You will also have the enthusiasm and dynamism to development effective business relationships with new customers.
You will need to be an adept multi-tasker, and thrive in a fast-moving environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- taking ownerships of specific customer briefs and sourcing/purchasing suitable products from the Far East and Europe.
- supplier identification and enquiry, quotation production, and recording of the enquiry.
- Supporting the Commercial Director to ensure that the company achieves its Marketing goals.
- Produce and send regular proactive presentations of ideas that could be of interest to customers and potential customers and following up to gauge interest.
- Liaise at all stages of the process with suppliers and customers on everything from pricing to delivery.
Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be meticulously well organised. You should have good commercial awareness, a strong customer focus, the ability to multitask, an eye for detail, and a sense of urgency.
Strong IT skills, especially in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint are essential and you should have a desire to learn new skills and have the ambition to progress.