Key role of Scrum Master in highly innovative global manufacturing business which employs around 5000 people around the world. Wearing a number of hats, you will co-ordinate the Product development teams working on various projects at the company’s Essex manufacturing/R&D facility, coaching the project teams and essentially operating as a change agent.
Key duties of the Scrum Master will include:
• Ensure adherence to agile development process and Scrum methodologies by strengthening the self organisation of the team. Accompany one or more development teams and ensure the targeted use and design of agile methods and ‘rules of the game’ within the teams.
• Gaining ‘a feel’ for the needs of the team, removing obstacles and solving team conflicts.
• Supporting developers in the effective use of tools used – such as JIRA and Confluence – through documentation, support, training and other formats.
• Planning and executing daily standup, project increment and sprint meetings and analysing results from sprints and retrospectives.
• Training colleagues in agile methods and ways of thinking.
• Acive participation in the continuous improvement of the organization and in cross departmental and cross organisational initiatives and working groups and ensuring good communication and information flows within the organisation and to external partners.
Applicants for Scrum Master must be passionate about agile, determined, positive and enthusiastic in their approach. You should have the ‘coaching gene’ and thrive on maintaining an environment where development teams flourish through effective, co-operative working as a result of your ability to co-ordinate activities, train, coach, encourage and motivate.
Naturally you will need to demonstrate a track record of being solution orientated and highly structured in your approach.
You should be familiar with Miro, Jira and Confluence or at least have the enthusiasm to want to quickly gain knowledge and competence in them.
Degree or equivalent in Engineering/Industrial Engineering/Business Administration or related is desirable and you must have experience as a Scrum Master where you have acquired agile team leadership experience.
You will be joining a professional, proactive and employee centric organisation which offers scope for personal development and lifelong learning and training opportunities.