Global leading international manufacturer of niche off road vehicles seeks Senior Buyer. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and operating in a Buying team of 6 who share an annual £30m spend, the Senior Buyer will secure the supply of parts and services from a variety of sources, in the most economic manner and using the most effective purchasing techniques.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Senior Buyer will include:
- Setting up and managing contracts with suppliers who can provide parts and services with the best ‘cost of purchase’. This includes the management of the ordering, discrepancy and appraisal of allocated suppliers
- Implementing supplier relationship management and continuously improving the quality of supplier performance and service delivery in order to minimise operational risk
- Working closely with Quality to ensure suppliers provide products and services as intended. To proactively participate in the resolution of quality issues alongside the supplier quality team
- Working closely with Engineering to achieve the introduction of Engineering improvements, new product introduction and technology developments working within the specification, cost and time constraints
- Actively participate in the continual development of the supply base to achieve ‘cost of purchase’ reductions to meet the needs of the business
- Working closely with all functions of the business to gain a full understanding of their needs and direction and identify opportunities to enhance their performance
- Proactively seeking out new methods of purchasing and proactively exploit the potential of those approaches within the business
- Becoming the expert for a range of commodities, indirect materials and services, and analysing market trends and cost opportunities
We seek the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Advantageous if qualified to degree level or equivalent in a business or commercial subject, or CIPS qualified
- Strong academic background with an ability to analyse data
- Previous supply chain and relationship management experience, advantageous if in a Manufacturing environment
- An innovative approach to problem solving and identifying new sources and methods of supply.
- Clear written and verbal communications with an ability to summarise and communicate information from data visually and verbally
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- You should be self-motivated, performance driven and action oriented
- You should be autonomous and look to add value to everything you do
- Ability to prioritise assignments and achieve deadlines.