A major manufacturer of healthy snacking foods, our client supplies key customers in the multiple retail, discount, wholesale, foodservice, on-trade and cash and carry sectors of the UK food industry.
The NPD team is growing as a result of the company’s continuing growth and expansion and they are currently seeking a Senior NPD Technologist to report to the Head of Technical and NPD.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development process from concept through to launch including full, end to end critical path management and pre-production trials.
This role will suit someone who enjoys taking responsibility and ownership and is looking for an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where they can really make a difference. You may also be looking forward to the next step in your career towards management.
As Senior NPD Technologist you will be coordinating and managing projects carried out by a bright, enthusiastic and expanding team to build brand equity and will have the ability to provide market leading and innovative NPD solutions and direction to the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Innovation planning & development with a clear pipeline of NPD.
- Receive and appraise NPD requests / opportunities arising from customers, commercial team or other sources.
- Contribute to a comprehensive NPD strategy, delivering and implementing improvements to the NPD process, continually evolving and developing the team and site capability.
- To provide clear factory NPD briefs with recipe cost and benchmarks.
- To effectively manage end to end product and packaging development.
- Create and manage critical paths for each project.
- Continue to develop optimum working practices between factory NPD, technical, manufacturing teams and supply chain planning.
- Manage artwork process for each new product or packaging change.
- Provide clear information to the site management team for all projects.
We seek experience and skills as follows:
- Identify cost saving opportunities and working effectively within strict cost/time parameters.
- Project and team management.
- Compliance with food safety, legality, allergen management, traceability and quality requirements.
- Researching current food development, competitor innovation and trends.
- Researching and sourcing new ingredients.
- Delivering presentations internally and externally; communicating knowledge and inputting into customer presentations and discussions.
- Influence, convince and motivate others.
- Manage ambiguity and a fast-paced, changing environment.
Either a Senior Development Technologist looking to progress your career or a current NPD Manager, you will be a well presented professional with an easy communication style, able to effectively influence cross functional teams. Ideally with a degree, or equivalent, in a food related qualification, you will have a proven record in new product development of food or beverage products, branded and own label, commercially aware and highly professional. Passionate, with a flair for innovation, you will have strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.