A great opportunity of Technical Administrator in Product Development Team of an award winning, global company which offers a superb working environment, excellent employee benefits and the chance to operate in a friendly , supportive team. The company’s electrical products are designed here in Harlow and are sold in over 90 countries around the world.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Technical Administrator will be responsible for the maintenance and completeness of all the company’s product technical files in accordance with UK, European and North American regulations. The position will support the Rest of World, North America and China Product Development teams with creating product technical files for new products, along with data entry for new product quotations. The role will also own the Product Release Order process which completes the generation of new product technical files at the end of the Tool Proof Sample stage.
So the role comprises two main areas of responsibility: maintaining existing product technical files and creating new product technical files. This will entail:
- amending or updating product specifications when required.
- Uploading engineering data.
- Using the product lifecycle management software to ensure that all links and relationships to records held in it are present and maintained.
- Exporting updated Declaration of Conformity certifications from the Product Lifecycle Management software to the company’s website.
- Assist with creating new product records that form basis of the product technical file held in the Product Lifecycle Management software.
- Data entry for new product specification records.
- Data entry for new product quotations.
- Administration related to the Change Order process as required.
- Fielding technical queries raised by customers to teh Customer Service team.
- Supporting Head of Product Development by taking and distributing minutes of key product development team meetings.
The role calls for solid experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a technical setting, excellent organisational skills and a key eye for detail. You should be experienced in the use of IT based data capture software as well as having strong competency in Microsoft Office software. You enjoy taking ownership of projects assigned to you and you are a team player whose time management is second to none.
Great benefits include competitive salary, flexibility with core hours and opportunities to work remotely together with 25 days’ holiday rising to 27 with service (PLUS Bank Holidays), annual bonus, pension, enhanced paternity/maternity pay, study support, well being initiatives, sabbatical leave with service, volunteering/fund raising opprotunities and opportunities to join a gamut of clubs (including yoga, running, book clubs and many more!).