Test Manager sought by global leader in manufacture of electrical machines for the Healthcare and Life Science sectors. Leading a team of 2 Test Engineers in a business where 80% of Testing is carried out in house, mainly for R&D purposes, you will coordinate and prioritise the allocation of Test resources, spanning equipment, software, calibration and methods.
Test equipment / methods include a variety of probes, product performance tests, power consumption tests and covers electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering disciplines.
Key duties of the Test Manager include:
- Work closely with Project Managers and Engineers, as well a variety of business stakeholders to ensure expectations (scope, data quality and delivery time) of testing can be achieved.
- Effective management of the testing demands and progress in the test team by also ensuring business requirements are met at all times.
- Plan in advance the test workload, identify risks and opportunities of improvement of the testing through different techniques.
- Analyse and approve test results and reports accordingly.
- Deployandmanagetest engineers to the success of every single project.
- Manage inventory of tools, equipments and products in order to meet corporate and ISO 9001 compliance and delivery of up to date test progress report.
The Test Manager must possess the R&D capability to drive forward new ideas, demonstrate successful links with research centres, academia and other external partners. You must have an analytical and problem-solving approach. You will be providing the necessary focus and priority setting on a range of projects and must be comfortable working under time constraints to meet agreed deadlines.
Collaborative and ‘hands on’ in your approach, your communication skills and team mentality enable you to easily work cross functionally with different departments.
You should be Degree (or equivalent) qualified in any engineering discipline and have significant experience of Test and people management.