UK & European Financial Accountant sought by highly successful £30m turnover international business – the role will be a Fixed Term Contract covering a long term staff absence, likely length 6-12 months. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will be expected to run the established European finance team with 3 direct reports (Part Qualified UK Management Accountant, Accounts Assistant and Purchase Ledger Clerk).
This role will appeal to someone who strives to be the ‘best in class’ and someone who can be a team player but recognises when leadership and direction are needed. The candidate needs to be motivated, confident, enthusiastic and well organised.
Key responsibilities of the role of UK & European Financial Accountant include:
- Ongoing management and development of operations teams responsible for management accounts, credit control and accounts payable.
- Oversee the month end process for UK and Europe operations, ensuring that both the Board Pack information and management accounts are delivered to the deadlines set.
- Work with the team to introduce and implement efficiencies in working to improve processes and team utilisation.
- Involvement in the budget process and continued tracking throughout the year, providing detailed variance analysis.
- Ensure that internal reporting requirements are adhered to and provide improvements where appropriate.
- Assist in report development.
- Liaise with external advisors as and when required, e.g. payroll bureau, VAT specialist, tax advisors and so on.
- Liaise with External Auditors for the annual year end audit. Overall responsibility for team’s preparation of the audit file.
- Preparation of the statutory accounts for all UK entities as directed by the Group Financial Controller.
- Collective responsibility for ad hoc projects that need addressing with a growing business. The individual will be required to work on these projects in a timely manner with the Group Financial Controller, and the wider team where applicable.
You should be Qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and have prior experience of managing a team. Strong Excel skills (SUMIF, VLOOKUP and PIVOT) essential. It is considered very advantageous for applicants to have had experience in an international businesses.
Additionally you should have strong interpersonal skills, a friendly, approachable manner, attention to detail and a determination and ability to meet deadlines. You are also an analytical person with good problem solving skills.