Warehouse and Logistics Manager required by highly successful manufacturing business whose products are often supplied on very short lead times to the retail, hospitality, contract furniture and interior public space sectors. The company’s long and illustrious history was capped in this most recent year with a record turnover approaching £26m.
Responsible for a team of 15, including 4 direct reports, this key role involves managing all stores, dispatch warehouse, external 3rd party warehousing, national and international goods transport and waste management functions associated with the business.
The position requires the maintenance and continued development of a streamlined customer focused operation with the expectation of delivering an excellent level of service to both clients and internal customers. A good understanding of logistics, import/export customs processes and international trade compliance are essential to meet the requirements of the role.
Key responsibilities of the Warehouse and Logistics Manager will include:
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility comply with company and legislative Health and Safety guidelines and regulations.
- Promote and sustain good housekeeping, 5S and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage and maintain the stores and warehouse operation from receiving raw materials through to delivering bespoke products to national and international clients.
- Maintain all plant and equipment to required standards ensuring regular equipment audits are completed and servicing and repairs are carried out where necessary.
- Monitor and maintain current KPI’s and implement new ones as required.
- Maintenance of stock accuracy, inventory control and client free issue.
- Monitor and control stock obsolescence and manage obsolescence actions from other areas of the business..
- Initiate, and be involved in, the recruitment, motivation, training, retraining, counselling, and where necessary, disciplining of team members to ensure expected standards are achieved.
- Department budget control and price and contract negotiations on services and transport.
A highly competent and motivational Warehouse/Logistics Manager, you will ideally have acquired at least some of your experience in a fast moving, highly customer responsive and fast turn around/changeover operation.