Design Engineer with competence in Inventor required to join the Design team of a successful, market leading manufacturing business which produces innovative product solutions for the construction industry.
As Design Engineer you will design for a range of manufacturing processes which include CNC machining, weldments, mechanical assembly and casting across a range of materials spanning cast iron, nickel bronze and stainless steel.
You will initially be responsible for producing approval and manufacturing drawings for the range of product solutions including the product development of existing and new products.
You must be able to demonstrate these skills/experience:
- Proven experience in the creation of 2D & 3D models using Inventor.
- Practical knowledge and experience of a wide range of materials and production processes ranging from castings through to stainless steel fabrications.
- Knowledge and experience of working within an ISO9001:2015 quality system.
- Familiarity in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel spread sheets.
- Experience of using and creating Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and Parts Lists.
- Engineering Change Notes and drawing issues.
- Working with a ERP system such as MS Navision, MS Business Central or similar system.
- Working both independently and as part of a small team.
- Experience of supporting Production, Technical Sales, Sales and Customer Services departments from a design perspective.
- Experienced in the production of jigs and fixtures.
Applicants for the post of Design Engineer should hold a formal Engineering qualification in Mechanical or Production Engineering, be enthusiastic and positive in their approach, have good problem solving skills and be an effective communicator and a team player.