A global leader in the design and manufacture of off highway vehicles for a range of specialist applications, our client seeks an Embedded Software Engineer to join its Ipswich-based Engineering team. Whilst it is an embedded system role there is also the possibility to expand the role into server and android development.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Engineer’s role will include:
- The consistent writing, translation and coding of software for new and existing solutions according to specifications, including user interfaces, databases, and back-end services.
- Creating, executing, and monitoring unit tests, performance tests, and regression tests for the purposes of identifying defects, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administering diagnostic analysis of test results and delivering solutions to critical areas.
- Cultivating and disseminating knowledge of application development best practices.
- Gathering statistics and preparing reports on the status of projects for discussion with management and team members.
- Determining, developing and maintaining user manuals and guidelines.
- Installing software products for end users as required.
- Maintaining relationships with company’s software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Working in cross functional teams with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other Software Engineers to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
A working knowledge of SQL programming is desirable, database design, Ecommerce platform development (Magento/Hybris, etc), DevOps processes and test-driven development.
Hands on software troubleshooting experience is a prerequisite.
A competitive salary is backed with a nine day working fortnight (alternate Fridays off!) and other attractive benefits.