An opportunity for a Quality Manager to lead a small team in a highly successful international business which designs and manufactures electro mechanical equipment for global markets in the medical and scientific sectors. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will manage all aspects of Quality in relation to the design and manufacture of the company’s product range.
Key responsibilities of the Quality Manager will include:
- Complete the GAP analysis, planning and implementationfor site accreditation of ISO9001. Maintain site Quality KPI’s with clear communication, plans and corrective actions to meet defined targets.
- Working both with the site and Group Quality Management to maintain and continuously improve Group QA standards and procedures within the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Working closley with the Operations team, finance team, HR team, R&D team and Procurement team to ensure standards and procedures are in place, adhered to and improved as required.
- Working with Manufacturing Operations to ensure that defect levels are monitored at all critical stages of the manufacturing process from materials goods-in to product dispatch and trends fed back to all areas to allow and ensure appropriate action is taken to continuously reduce defect levels and improve quality.
- Working with Product Development Engineers supporting technical documentation generation to ensure maintenance and change are rigorously controlled, and that development work conforms to agreed procedures: from the approval of a requirement specification; team resource planning & allocation; project scheduling with key milestones; through to fully validated and documented product release. Assisting with risk assessments and FMEA within product and process development.
- Working with Materials Management and suppliers to ensure consistently good quality materials and robust procedures are in place to deal with: control of reject materials; rework procedures and related stock control; approval of suppliers and tracking/corrective action control for purchased reject materials.
- Working with Group Quality Management, Service, Applications, Portfolio Management to regularly review and speedily resolve prioritized customer issues within the format of the Group QMS.
- Promote the use of structured problem solving methodologies across the site and use established 8D and CAPA processes; lead the site Quality team, motivating, training, engaging and developing the team.
Applicants should be Degree or equivalent qualified and possess QM experience within an electro mechanical manufacturing environment. You will be working amongst a multi disciplined management team committed to product development and prior team working experience in such a set up is strongly desirable. You will ideally be familiar with EC directives (such as EMC, LVD, RoHS and REACH, etc), have product regulatory compliance experience and experience in the implementation of quality systems. As Quality Manager you must have strong communication skills, be self motivated and skilled in motivating others and be positive in your approach.